Sunday, January 31, 2010

In Celebration of Valentine's Day


Instead of writing your typical blog, in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I thought I would share with you my second passion….writing poetry. I found that there is no better way to express yourself but through words.

Valentine’s Day isn’t about giving and receiving. It is about sharing the passion that two people have for each other. Chocolates, flowers and jewelry are wonderful ways to show your affection, but a gift from the heart is priceless.

A few years ago, I wrote a collection of poems, published them and gave them to my boyfriend. These were the poems that I had written and posted on AuthorsDen.com
.
I’d like to share one of my poems as part of the Valentine’s Day celebration. My relationship with him is Magical, which is the reason why my muse of always flowing.




The Magician

With you the window of opportunity is endless.
There is always magic in the air
from the moment you stepped into my life.
I try to be original every time we are together
keeping the magic between us alive.
We share a certain confidence
never afraid to explore
or express our physical and emotional needs.

Hours after we part
I still possess the initiative to create
opening my mind and soul
sending my pen flowing with the muse.

Being with you means that I can succeed
in any endeavor I take on.
You build my self-confidence
encouraging me to keep on writing
always complimenting me on my muse
knowing the words I have written
come from the magic we share as one.

We are The Magician’s
here to take you on a magic carpet ride
full of love, laughter and harmony.




No comments: